Wednesday, November 09, 2005

Weekend Colour

I have a friend called Mike, he's very funny, very clever and generally a good guy. He is one of my oldest and closest friends whom I value above most others. His organisational skills, however, make me look like Sun Tzu in comparison. I was meant to go and see him this weekend but he has double booked with another, clearly lesser, friend. This usurper has booked time off work and everything, it would also appear that Mike made this arrangement months ago but had since slept and forgotten about it. He doesn't even like beer and curry, what are they going to do all weekend?

Every cloud though folks, Jonny Shaw is coming down on a last minute visit. This is a very good thing, he's another old friend who it will be awesome to see. You may remember that I went up to visit him and Pete a few weeks ago and left you all a vague promise of Photos? Well they are still on their way, so don't worry, I just haven't got around to it yet. Anyway he is coming down, ostensibly for me to cheer him up but I can assure you the effect will be mutual.

This also marks the first visit by one of my friends to my Surrey abode so I am really quite pleased, though one visitor in 5 months is hardly a high score! When you move you get an awful lot of people promising to visit (some of whom you actually believe!), some on an almost weekely basis but there is always a reason why they can't make it. Apart from a few exceptions you can put your mind to better use by not listening to these reasons and substitute whatever words are coming out their mouths with 'Can't be arsed'.

It's morning and I am in a particularly concentrated morning mood today, so sorry for the vitriol here.

Got a vaguely promising PC update, they have recieved the 'Faulty' Motherboard, now I only have to hope they don't find out what is wrong with it so they send me a new one and then I will actually have my new PC! Or they will decide there is nothing wrong with it and charge me to have it sent back. Or they will decide it was my fault and refuse to replace it.

Tell you what, I will post again later when I am in a better mood, I can't even raise caustic wit at the moment. More coffee.

8 comments:

lower said...

I'll come visit you. Soon. Once I've moved.

Promise. :)

crazy-baby said...

i am so sorry, but once cash flow is sorted there'll be no stopping me love the knome from home xx

MattJ said...

Ok, that does look like an assault on everyone I know, it's not meant too was just feeling surly this morning. Sam, you live like 1/2 hour away it's not like it's any great distance for either of us, I know I can pretty much come see you any time I want without any great effort, lol! lucky devil you.

Knome has a G!

Olivia said...

It's a relief to know that my friends aren't the only ones...

MJ said...

Wow....pretty popular in the US

MJ said...

ooops...last comment was supposed to be in the last post....about this one....you know i would more than gladly come visit you..specially since it would mean free stay near london....not 2 shaby!!!kidding....I would actually love to see ya..it's been over 3 years... however, my atomic transport beam is broken at the moment....so it will have to wait!!

Mike said...

I just can't be arsed Matt. Oops, was just meant to think that, not type it...

Famulus said...

Try living abroad and see how many visitors* you get then! :-(

Even if the cost of the flight would be less than the cost of a rail fare to London. (And probably quicker too.)

* (excluding family, of course.)

 
/* -----------GOOGLE ANALYTICS TRACKING CODE-------------- */ /*------------------END TRACKING CODE-------------------- */