Thursday, November 03, 2005

Highly Trained Professional

4 years at University studying Computer Science. Impressive eh?

So the computer still doesn't work. After extensive testing and consultation with the guys in the office I have discovered the primary source of the fault. I'm an idiot. It's a wonder I can walk and breathe at the same time, it really is!

Ok, it's not that bad but I did perform a 'school boy error'. Basically I followed the instructions but the instructions left out a fairly crucial point which resulted in me frying the motherboard. For those of you not of a technical mind, this is not a good thing. Ho-Hum. So now I am going to send it back and hopefully get a replacement with minimum fuss, though I am not holding my breath. Obviously I am going to lie shamelessly in an attempt to achieve this goal. Hopefully nothing else has been knackered as a result, I will find out when the new bit arrives. So let this be a lesson kids, don't play with delicate electronic equipment when you only have a vague idea of what you're doing and a head cold.

Strangely the fact that Red Leader bought a Rover still seems worse to me than my abject incompetence. Clearly I have a highly advanced Ego Defence Mechanism.

I was reminded of a quote yesterday. I definitely said it, I remember the incident distinctly. I don't believe I'm clever enough to have come up with it myself though, so let's just assume I have pinched it or modified it from somewhere. If no one can find it anywhere else then I am clearly a genius.

Never argue with stupid people. They will just drag you down to their level then beat you with experience.

2 comments:

lower said...

n00b :P

I'd never fry my motherboard. I'd never do anything to damage my motherboard whilst upgrading. Breaking the heatsink clip on the ZIF socket? Wasn't me - I wouldn't do that, no siree.

*whistles innocently*

It happens to the best of us mate. :)

Paddy Duncan said...

You're not a proper geek until you've burnt out a motherboard. I have motherboard graveyard.

 
/* -----------GOOGLE ANALYTICS TRACKING CODE-------------- */ /*------------------END TRACKING CODE-------------------- */