Tuesday, December 06, 2005

Working late

I'm developing a nasty habit of satying late to finish work or do other work related things. This is like the third or fourth time I've been here when I am not supposed to be in about 5 1/2 months! 4 times in 5 moths isn't a habit? Well I did say developing. This kind of unhinged behaviour doesn't occur overnight you know, it creeps up on you so as you don't notice! It's the thin end of the wedge I tells ya!

Space hoppers. This is the correct form all space hoppers should take:



All others are unworthy pretenders to the unassailable throne! People who own them should be mocked and ostracised! The offending items themselves should be melted down and, preferably, reformed into the true shape but if found unsuitable transformed into some kind of quality control stamp especially for Space Hoppers. Manufacturers of these false abominations should be arrested, if not killed.

I mean look at this travesty:



Behold its inappropriate blueness, it's too spherical shape and ridiculously angled 'Ears'. Friends! This is no Space Hopper! Where is the welcoming, slightly grubby orange hue? Where are the ever so slightly floppy ears with ergonomically designed grips? Where is the photo-realisitic visage which greets you as you approach your beloved Hopper?

Cast them out friends and villify those who perpetuate this fraudulent madness!

5 comments:

Olivia said...

Looks like you'd roll right off the blue one.

Have you seen the TV ad with the flying space hoppers? It's either for a coffee brand or Bailey's, and the soundtrack is really cool.

M. said...

I'm sorry, the antenna off of the real space hoppers remind me too much of a certain bug that I'd never think about getting one.

M. said...

That was me, merserene.

MattJ said...

M. - Well despite your perverse aversion to this Godly mode of transport, at least you're not extoling any false virtues of the fraudulent pretenders! It's OK. You're forgiven.

Olivia - if it's the one I am thinking of, I'm fairly dure it's not for either of those, it just looks like it should be. I'm pretty sure it's for a bank or a training school or somehting equally dull. I'm sorry to confess I find the ad intensely irritating (if its the one where they bounce of buildings and such).

Olivia said...

Merserene - ew, you mean roaches?
.
Matt - yea but the song was cool.

 
/* -----------GOOGLE ANALYTICS TRACKING CODE-------------- */ /*------------------END TRACKING CODE-------------------- */