Thursday, December 08, 2005

Live and in Glorious Technicolour!

Maria and I talk on MSN quite a bit, she's the one person from my first year at University who I speak to regularly. Anyway, the other week she got herself a webcam and we talked over Skype. It was awesome, haven't seen her or heard her voice in over 3 years and there she was. Was quite weird but good at the same time, one of those situations where you meet an old friend and it's like no time has passed. She's having trouble with a psycopathic weirdo-girl on her course at the moment. My suggestion of the Cartman approach to 'Kick her Squah in the Nuts!' appears not to be the preferred method of dealing with the problem. Just think she should bear it mind is all.

So, the point is she then persuaded me to get a webcam thing, which seemed like a good idea at the time. Unfortunately it occurred to me as I shelled out my cash that Maria is one of these irritating people that always looks good. I'm not exaggerating here, you could dip her in a tank of ugly juice and she'd still look good. Where as I....... well put it this way, while on Merserene's blog I tried a bit of photo software she linked to. It's supposed to match you up to which celebrity you look like. I tried 4 different photos, I got Gene Hackman (a 75 year old bald man), Isabella Rossillini (OK, quite attractive but not a good look for me) and someone called Nigel Short - who at least was under 90 and had glasses.

Finally and you'll love this one - Benicio Del Toro. Benicio? Yeah I'm the spitting image! Apart from the glasses, short hair, milky skin tone and lack of any hispanic heritage, we could be bloody twins!

Do I look like any of them in fact? It was quite a blow to my ego I can tell you. On the other hand, as a side effect of me not having many photos of myself on my own, a few other people got the treatment too because they were in the photos I ran through the software. Hanrah got Jennifer Anniston and Rob (Emi, you will love this) looked like some ageing American Actress, I'll put the name up later once I get home and find it as it escapes me right now. Feel free to add me if you haven't already by the way, my bizarre username is in my profile.

The point of this lengthy tale is that people who talk to me on MSN now run the risk of me inflicting my shiny new toy on them. I'll be testing the thing out over the next week or so, so expect some stills to appear on my blog from the Mighty Blobeye!

I should have mentioned, I've decided to name it. Quite liking the Mughty Blobeye at the moment but I'm open to suggestions. This is my shiny new toy. Despite the box saying it is actually not. It's all very strange but Argos seem to have a bunch of incorrectly packaged ones. Anyway, that's what I got. Hence BlobEye. I'm far too easily amused I know.

4 comments:

M. said...

Hehe. You just have to remember that the software is faulty!

So yeah, put stills from the Mighty Blobeye to prove it. ;)

Olivia said...

Heh, Mighty Blobeye.

You know! You look just like most of my cousin's ex-bfs in Canada!

Oopsie. I wrote this about half an hour ago, went off and made tea and forgot all about it.

MattJ said...

I look like most of your cousins ex boyfriends? Does she live in some weird Stepford-esque place gone wrong? lol!

Olivia said...

OK, OK, well let's say the last two exes. More viable possibility: She has consistent taste in men.

 
/* -----------GOOGLE ANALYTICS TRACKING CODE-------------- */ /*------------------END TRACKING CODE-------------------- */