Thursday, December 15, 2005

The Inevitable Christmas Shopping post

I've been very industrious today. So far I have secured suitable gifts for the family. Even managed to get something for the future sister-in-law once I remembered I had one! Ok that sounds really bad, but I've barely had any contact with the girl so its easy to forget someone you don't know. Anyway, I didn't forget so leave me alone damnit!

So the parentals have a couple things and I managed to get something suitably distracting for my brother. I was going to get him something useful for the place he just moved into but it would have been an exercise in futility. Useful things are generally wasted on him (even though he;s the oldest at 32) and besides, I'm sure the parentals will be providing him with all manner of kitchenware. So I got him something cool he can play with. I am tempted to reveal what it is here but I will restrain myself.

I may have stated before that I am usually pretty good at buying presents but, as there are quite a few people to buy for and I am actually doing so for a change, I am on a budget and time has been at a premium. So now I find that I'm second guessing myself. I've seen a few really cool things for The Rah but I'm not 100% sure she'd like them. I think they rock, and we do have pretty similar tastes but you don't want to end up with a 'just what I've always wanted!' response do you? Pretty sure I am sorted with everyone else, must resist buying for me or I will have no drinks money!

So internet shopping has saved me from being the Grinch this Christmas, think I'll buy my presents in September if I am still down here next year!

Bloody London.

I'm being unfair of course, I'm going to see if I can get to shows and such next year, definitely be downright stupid to be so close to the place and not go to the theatre a few times. Might even try and get to the Opera House provided it doesn't involve me selling a kidney. Hang on. All this sounds very resolution-ee. I'll save it until the New Year in case I actually decide to make any resolutions this year.

1 comment:

Olivia said...

Woo Matt you are efficient, well done!

I have half a day left to write Xmas cards that I bought 3 weeks ago :P

Oh I blogged about the ball right after I came home!

 
/* -----------GOOGLE ANALYTICS TRACKING CODE-------------- */ /*------------------END TRACKING CODE-------------------- */