Sunday, May 24, 2009

Wow! That long huh?!

Err yeah, that whole posting every day thing....

So,what's been happening? Here's the break down, let me know if you want me to expand on any of these:

1) I got older - nothing to elaborate on here, I had a birthday - nothing happened. Ooh! except Hannah got me one of these - still needs a test run.

2) I got a bonus and treated myself to a DSLR camera. I got a Nikon D60 (after Jo spectacularly failed to respond to me with advice. She's a Canon fanboy. The Canon\Nikon debate has been described to me in this way "It's like Mac Vs PC, only with Canon vs Nikon thing there is little to no difference in the products" - Oh wait I blogged about the camera already didn't I? AH well!..

3) First test duck shots here

4) Bought a new Lense and tripod for said camera.

5) Went home to Wales, weather was terrible, ruining most of my plans. Did get some pics with the new lens - clicky

6) Whilst home, went out with all my favourite home peoples, it was awesome. Also had mahoosive Sunday dinner from mum. That evening I ate a Phal. It was so hot I could see the end of the universe.

7) Yesterday I went out with the new lens and the tripod and took more pictures, none very good but I'll get there. Clicky


Now. The camera stuff has been bloody expensive and as a result I have decided to sell my Macbook, long story, the short version is that I bought something that I don't really need so I'm selling something that I don't really need. It's the only way I'll learn.

However, first it's going to the Apple store where I will be shouting until they replace the casing.

Errrm. Yup, that's about it! More blogging tomorrow, if I get time in between cleaning, eating and office work I hope to do some blogging.

5 comments:

Ro said...

I love, love, LOVE that ice cream ball - wants 'ave!

Let me know how it goes when you eventually try it.

The Moody Minstrel said...

Matt, I think it's something that's going around. Many if not most if not all of the bloggers I know seem to be losing steam these days. Is it mass apathy, a shared burnout cycle, or some insidious subliminal campaign to get everyone to switch to Facebook?

MattJ said...

Mr Minstrel! Welcome to my Emporium of Banality! Feel free to look around, grow weary and hold your head in your hands.

So long as you don't expect the same kind of well considered, thought out and interesting posts of 'Livvy, we'll get along just fine :D

Gareth Davies said...

Good day sir!

Long time no speak, hope the gymming is going well.

I too have bought myself a wonderous DSLR but alas I fear we have chosen opposing sides as I went for the Canon EOS450D. I also have taken some interesting pictures of birds, I will have to add you as a contract on flickr so you can admire the superior picture quality provide by the Canon.

MattJ said...

Gaz, don't tell Jo but I am slightly regretting not getting the EOS450D myself now! :p

 
/* -----------GOOGLE ANALYTICS TRACKING CODE-------------- */ /*------------------END TRACKING CODE-------------------- */