Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Ooops....

That last post was meant to be a few sentences leading into how my mood had improved as the day wore on, but ended up finishing my original rant.

Go on. Act surprised.

Anyway, I am in a not bad mood which is surprising given the week I've been having. America has produced yet another cool show called Supernatural which I've been watching on DVD this week. As with many US shows, there are no ugly people in it - except for bad guys and comedy relief, but it's still pretty awesome.

I'm waiting on The Wire to come down in price, even the ascerbic Charlie Brooker has called it the best TV show ever made. HBO in general seems to make awesome TV, comes from being subscription only I guess? I don't think they have to bow to the power of the advertisers in quite the same way as other stations which allows them a certain creative freedom. That and some awesome writing talent.

Anyway, I digress. Great TV from HBO.

I would suggest you stay away from comedies though. If you want some comedy from that side of the world I suggest you check out the Trailer Park Boys from Canada. Genius on an epic scale.

Having said that I've heard good things about The Office, despite Steve Carell going on to make some of the most painful, awful and just plain bad movies it's ever been my misfortune to become aware of. I did watch one of them, 'Generic Wacky Comedy XXVII' I think it wa called.

I have no idea where all this came from, I am pretty sure I wanted to talk about other things....

3 comments:

Jo said...

HBO is awesome. Some of its gems include, but are not limited to, The Wire, Big Love, Flight of the Conchords, Curb Your Enthusiasm, True Blood, In Treatment and Six Feet Under.

I love HBO

MattJ said...

Ah Flight of the Conchords! Started life on the Endinburgh Fringe, then BBC Radio 4 then came the even more awesomer TV show! WHo can't have love for the Rhymenocerus and the Hiphoppapotamus?! :D

Hanrah said...

Nothing beats Albi the Racist Dragon!

 
/* -----------GOOGLE ANALYTICS TRACKING CODE-------------- */ /*------------------END TRACKING CODE-------------------- */