Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Defining Phrases

This story can used to illustrate the following phrases:

'Wildly misjudging your audience'
'Tawdry attempt at making an easy buck'
'Doomed to failure'

I think it also demonstrates a wild and, until now, unheard of interpretation of this phrase:

'Cult Classic'

All I'm saying is that people tend to pick a cult then stick with it, some might say religiously. I don't think if you made Pope II, a huge amount of catholics would abandon their current idol. Even if you said 'Now with 33% extra genocide, racism and Nazi gold!'.

2 comments:

Jo said...

You've never heard the phrase "cult classic" used to describe a movie or cultural icon that has an almost religious following?

Show me the rock you've been hiding under, please.

MattJ said...

I think you may have missed my point. Rocky Horror is a cult classic so 'recreating it for a new generation' isn't going to work because it is essentially not the thing that is the cult classic?

 
/* -----------GOOGLE ANALYTICS TRACKING CODE-------------- */ /*------------------END TRACKING CODE-------------------- */