Wednesday, July 02, 2008

Errrmmmmm......

So I haven't really blogged in a while, apart from the Kid Rock thing. Mainly because I wasn't sure what to blog about, poking at the Daily Mail holds an unlimited amount of fun/frustration for me but it has to get tired for the 2 people that read this.

Then it occurred to me that most of what I write will be tired and so I have returned! I am going to provide you with some brief highlights of recent months and then maybe get back into the flow of things over the coming weeks. I know, you feel ever so lucky.

So. Beginning of June I went up to Hull to visit Kirsty for her birthday, catching up with Hannah and Emi (first time the 3 of us have seen eachother together for over a year and probably 2 or 3 years since the 4 of us were together!). I was only really there Friday night and Staurday, then I drove to Wales in time for Sunday dinner at mum's place (woohoo!).

The next few days I went up some of the local hills and woods and did some GPS treasure hunting (check out www.geocaching.com) , visited Mike for some Chili of Deathly Doom and generally got drunk and merry. Top banana.

On thursday the 12th, Rich, Rosie, my brother and I went to Donington for Download Festival and there we remained until Monday (if anyone is at all interested in this, pelase comment and I will regale you with tales of adventure and tents).

Then I went back to work, in a few weeks I go to Canada for a friends wedding - i currently have about 50% of the trip booked into hotels around Niagara, I am still deciding what to do with the remaining 4 days but I am sure i will think of something :D

OK, so that's briefly what's been happening - the devil is in the details and i may write something about some of the many dumb/ill advised/etc thingas that I have done/bought/tripped over recently if the whim takes me later.

4 comments:

Olivia said...

I don't know if you're willing to drive, but you're a couple of hours from Toronto and could take a day trip. Or you could go to Marine Land and go on rides. You could even cross the border to Buffalo, NY.

Olivia said...

Just found out that on the American side you can walk right up to the base of the falls.

Niagara Activities at Askville

MattJ said...

He 'liv!

I had pretty much decided to go into Toronto for the second 4 days of my stay as I don't think i really have much time to do anything else significant - I don't like rushing about cramming things in really so would ratehr mooch around the same place if I am there for sucha short period.
I was giving consideration to the American side, I'll see how I feel when i get there, I may not be prepared to go through the american customs panto lol! ta for the suggestions though!

Jo said...

Tell us about the festival, dammit!

Sincerely,

Your blog mob

 
/* -----------GOOGLE ANALYTICS TRACKING CODE-------------- */ /*------------------END TRACKING CODE-------------------- */