Tuesday, May 06, 2008

London Mayor

In keeping with my ability to keep my finger on the pulse of the news, I am going to talk about something that happened last week.

For those of you that don't know, a caricature was recently elected as Mayor of London. We like to think we are pioneers in this country, but whilst Mayor of London is a powerful and influential position we were already out done by the Americans in 2000. They elected a caricature to run the entire country, and that really takes some balls. As is often the case with horseplay, they have taken the joke a little too far, rough housing often results in broken bones, nose bleeds and unstable socio-political situations in large regions of the middle-east.

But we shouldn't be too downhearted, even though Boris won't have the complete scope to wreak the same kind of havoc that George has, his is a unique position and he has the opportunity to carve a niche for himself in world history as London mayor. Boris started his build up to the office of mayor a few years ago by periodically offending regions in the UK, this is a preamble to ostracising whole countries with Prince Phillip style 'quips'. Once he's stopped those pesky foreigners coming into London, he can get rid of the working classes and bring London back tot he days of Society where it belongs.

OK, I had a whole load of other things to write but luckily for you, I have to go do some work! Bottom line is this - I really can't wait to see Boris in action, Londoners really deserve everything they get if this is what they are going to do with their vote.

5 comments:

Hanrah said...

Damn! I would have actually read your post, but was distracted by the misspellings!

It's "caricature".

Sorry. It's my job, I can't help it.

MattJ said...

I honestly have no idea what happens between my brain and the page, its a special gift that I have. :p

David Morris said...

While Boris is known for making PR gaffes, I think he is more intelligent than a lot of us think. His mayoral campaign was more serious (compared to his normal antics) and he could surprise us.

It will be interesting to see how he handles the issue with the BNP member on the Assembly. Hopefully, he won't make any mistakes with that.

Ken hasn't been perfect. Sure, he carried on as an Independent when Labour disposed of him and he got voted in (his first mayoral election), but now he thinks Labour are great again and changed his colours. That's hardly 'sticking to your guns'.

Also, I'd love to know if you know anyone who likes the congestion charge.

I also didn't approve of the negative campaigning directed towards Boris. It seems the Londoners didn't approve of it either.

MattJ said...

Well I don't think that, I think he is an idiot and there are only 2 reasons why he was elected:

1) People don't like Ken
2) have I got News for You.

i think this maibnly because this is the case.

Asking who likes thje congestion charge is stuipid, who likes payinf for anything? Find me sonmeone who pays their taxes with glee!

As far as Ken is concerned, i wasn't suggesting he was particularkly brilliant but I do think he understandfs London and Londoners - he understands that if you listen to everything they have to say, you'll never get anything worthwhile done - Boris may have won the votes but ever decision he makes will be criticised by most Londoners. Anmd as he lieks to pretend to pay attention to these things, he will try his best to eb seen to 'do something about it'.

Londoners couldn't give a flying toss about other Londoners, or anyone else for that matter - they need to be told what to do and when to do it and left to complain about it.

I am going to enjoy watching the show to be honest.

You may have noticed I am in a fould mood today, so I will probably delete a lot of this so its a good opportunity to observe the true disdain I have for the voting public at the moment.

Olivia said...

He probably won simply because he's not Ken.

 
/* -----------GOOGLE ANALYTICS TRACKING CODE-------------- */ /*------------------END TRACKING CODE-------------------- */