Thursday, January 24, 2008

When you make something idiot proof......

They'll just make a better idiot.

Hello. My name is Matt, and I've just been upgraded with the new Idiot v2.0 firmware.

Pretty much since moving to Surrey I have done without a freezer. Madness I know, it was costing me a fortune in food. Anyway, so for ages I've been unable to freeze my cooking, buy frozen foods (for those days when you just can't be arsed!) or - most importantly - have ice for my whiskey.

I now have a freezer. I got very excited and ordered lots of food and meat and then put it in there.

Now, however, I am being defeated in an entirely new way - I keep forgetting to take the meat out to defrost so I can cook it. No one is cleverer than me.

If anyone mentions the word microwave I will ban you. :D

2 comments:

Olivia said...

Hehe, the last three paragraphs are some of the funniest you've ever written!

MattJ said...

Of course the idea behind the freezer is to spend leass on food, however as I am failing to defrost anything I actually spend more by buying food that is ready to cook.

I rock.

 
/* -----------GOOGLE ANALYTICS TRACKING CODE-------------- */ /*------------------END TRACKING CODE-------------------- */