Wednesday, March 14, 2007

Help, I can't feel my face!

OK, so I went for a couople of well deserved beers after work yesterday, got there about 6:30. I only had like 4 pints, then we headed back to the flat, so it was still only about 8-8:30 at this point.

Anyway, I decided I would knock a chilli up, which I duly did. I did make a couple of errors in judgement, chief amongst these was the fact that I had some fairly good chilli powder in stock at last. It's not great but better than the usual supermarket junk.

The problem here was that I was currently used to using the supermarket stuff, and suplementing that with things with actual flavour and kick. Anyway, long story short - I used too much chili powder. This had the effect of me gettting some taco shells, cheese, tomatoes etc. Then preparing my plate with all the bits I'd need to enjoy my meal.

The I sat down in front of Bremner, Bird and Fortune and began to enjoy my meal. By 'enjoy' I of course mean 'experience stroke-like numbness in half my face'. It was like having a chemical peel inside my mouth.

Don't drink and Spice folks, it ruins lives.

4 comments:

Maria said...

brings back curry memories

Olivia said...

'experience stroke-like numbness in half my face'. It was like having a chemical peel inside my mouth.

God that made me laugh! Fortunately hadn't started drinking my tea yet when I read it. :)

lunaliar said...

HA! Good thing you didn't try any Habanero! Now that's some spice for any burrito or taco!

P.S. They have taco shells in GB???

MattJ said...

I wish I could take the 5th here but it's Britain and i have to confess this isn't the first time - there have been 'incidents' involving Habaneros and Scotch bonnet peppers. Neither ended well.

Yeah we have tacos! We just got electricity too ;) hehe

 
/* -----------GOOGLE ANALYTICS TRACKING CODE-------------- */ /*------------------END TRACKING CODE-------------------- */