Thursday, May 25, 2006

A Chilli a day......

That's right folks! Chilli peppers are good for you! OK, the whole habanero pepper being the hottest in the world is erroneous but the rest is clearly absolute fact. Go forth and eat spicy!

I already knew that a decent shot of spice could double your resting metabolic rate, thus burning more calories than any silly non-spicy food but all the other health benefits I was unaware of. Surely now is the time to demand curry on the NHS?

Any nay sayers need not respond, you're wrong. And you almost certainly like sugary tea which, as we've discussed before, is the taste of Evil.

2 comments:

Famulus said...

You are, of course, correct. Spicy food is VERY good for me. Not only does it give me the benefits you've described, but it also gives me a lot of Quality Time Alone and a lovely 'rich' atmosphere in which to enjoy it.

However, it comes at some considerable expense in underwear. But I can live with that. ;-)

Olivia said...

Blimey, Famulus...

Anyway, I love spicy food, be it Mexican, Indian, Thai...

Not only does it burn calories, but the pain fills the bloodstream with those "feel-good" endorphins, and I hear the turmeric in curry prevents stomach cancer.

And I take one spoon of fair trade organic demerara sugar in my tea.

 
/* -----------GOOGLE ANALYTICS TRACKING CODE-------------- */ /*------------------END TRACKING CODE-------------------- */