Friday, January 20, 2006

Shiny and New

[Geek]I have yet another new gadget. This one was free though so calm down! It's a new phone upgrade from Orange. I was annoyed with them for not giving me the one I wanted because it's only available to 'Small Business' customers. How someone who owns a corner shop is going to get more use out of a Stylus operated PDA/Phone than someone who works in IT is anyones guess but there you go. I only wanted it because it's the only PDA/Phone that is actually phone sized as opposed to the great slabs that they normally give you.

Anyway. I settled for an upgrade to my existing phone, I had a C500 now I have a C600. this means nothing to you I know. Basically they come under the heading 'SmartPhone'. Things like the slabs I just discussed are more PDA than phone, the C600 and others that run Windows Mobile are more phone than PDA. This one has Windows Mobile 5.0 on it, a slimmed down version of Messenger (a vast improvement on the last model which had virtually a full version, very cumbersome) and Media Player 10.

It's virtually the same as my old one but they have tweaked it to make everything better. The camera and video recorder are really good now and they've improved on the video player so I should be able to watch Family Guy and such on the train properly now, it was a bit fiddly with the other one.

OK I'll stop, it's shiny. It's new. I'm happy.

[/Geek]

I am in a much better mood today but I don't appear to be able to find sufficient inspiration to try to instill some entertainment in my posts. Sorry but the well, it appears, has run dry today!

I have no doubt I will be regaling you with tails of biking injuries and the iniquities of non-cyclists on Monday, so that's something for you to look forward to.

No comments:

 
/* -----------GOOGLE ANALYTICS TRACKING CODE-------------- */ /*------------------END TRACKING CODE-------------------- */