Wednesday, September 21, 2005

Man Flu, Crankiness and Herbal Tea

I've had to take a day off work today so I'm not a happy bunny. I know what all you girls are thinking :- 'Typical man, gets a slight sniffle.....blahblahblah'. Well you can bite me quite frankly, I'm not particularly pleased about staying off and I wouldn't be doing it if I didn't think it was necessary. Figure one day off now to try and kick this thing in the head is worth several later on. Need to sleep too. Besides The office is full of men, can't be starting a Man Flu epidemic!

I do feel pretty rough but I know it's not like a proper hardcore sickness or anything. I know this because I am able to stand. If anyone ever tells you they have the flu, by the way, there is a simple test you can carry out called the '50 pounds test'. You put 50 quid on the floor 10 feet from their bed. If they get up to pick it up they don't have flu.

No the main thing here is that I've barely slept in 2 nights now, and that just makes you feel worse, I'm just sick enough not to be able to sleep. Which sucks because that's like right up there in my all time favorite things to do. So I'm making a cup of peppermint tea and going back to bed.

Yes peppermint tea, don't knock it until you try it, it's great stuff especially if you need a non caffeinated drink. Granted there are few circumstances when I can think that's appropriate but there you go. It's the only Herbal tea I'll drink and I love it. For any Americans reading, that's Herbal by the way. Not Urrrbal. Because there's a fucking H in it.

Which leads me neatly on to crankiness. I'm feeling slightly rough, and let's be honest I'm not a golden ray of summer sunshine at the best of times. I know it's hard to believe but I am an incredibly bitter person, any form of sickness amplifies this because I find it so bloody annoying. So expect lots of vitriol today, particulalry if I can't sleep.

No comments:

 
/* -----------GOOGLE ANALYTICS TRACKING CODE-------------- */ /*------------------END TRACKING CODE-------------------- */