Tuesday, September 06, 2005

Change of pace

I've been complaining far too much, even more than normal. To redress the balance I am reproducing one of my favorite Bill Bailey stand up bits here!:

What I hate are these foods you get in the supermarkets that try and make you feel guilty. I saw this thing 'RSPCA monitored chicken'.................... It's obviously not 24 hours is it? At some point it's had its head ripped off and it was basted in a lemon and cracked pepper sauce! Obviously the RSPCA guy just nipped out for a smoke, came back and 'noooo!'.
I've noticed though, food getting very poncy, oh dear! Even in Scotland. I thought it'd be lovely home type food up there but oh no! Sundried Tomatoes, Pan Fried Chicken - Pan Fried Chicken?! What else you gonna fry it in? A Bucket?! Shoe? Hub cap? 'Shoe fried chicken please, and errm, I'll have a rabbit done in an old pair of gardening trousers'
Sun dried tomatoes. How long you gotta wait for your tomatoes that's what I want to know! 'Och it's a wee bit cloudy!...... come back tomorrow!'
No, simple food that's what I like. Just a tin of tomatoes, on the front a photograph with some tomatoes on a plate. Underneath it says 'Serving suggestion'. Just tip em out, done! Few friends round, two tins.


OK, it's better to watch or listen to the guy but it passed the time.

2 comments:

Alison said...

Hey, just thought I'd check out your blog & thank you for commenting on mine...I had to laugh at your tagline "Does exactly what it says on the tin." I'm sure you meant it as a joke, but my husband pokes endless fun at me for being afraid to deviate from the instructions on the soup label! Anyway, I'm sure you'd love Austin (which is not a typical southern or Texas city, though I frankly love most of Texas), and I only wish I could afford a visit in that direction! I see you are in Surrey now, but you mentioned being Welsh and I've blogged before that Wales was one of my favorite places I've ever been...though I was only there for half a day!

MattJ said...

It's actually a reference to an intensely irritating series of adverts for a company called Ronseal.
"Ronseal quick drying wood-stain. Does exactly what it says on the tin!"

Wales is very much a place if you like the outside. We do green very well. And hills & mountains.

 
/* -----------GOOGLE ANALYTICS TRACKING CODE-------------- */ /*------------------END TRACKING CODE-------------------- */